* Dr Bob Rich -- the Dr is not because I am 'up myself' (excuse Australian idiom) but because when I first got onto the internet, I found Bob Rich-s and Robert Rich-s by the dozen. There was even one Dr Robert Rich, a New York physician, but no Dr Bob Rich. So I grabbed the territory.
Name some of your books or ebooks or audio books?
* No audio books yet, but 6 e-books with 2 more on the way:
Do you have any unusual or wacky talents?
* My greatest talent is being able to learn things. If someone else can do it, I can learn it. I have been an academic; built my own house and became an 'expert' consulted by many others and teaching courses on building; did research in energy conservation, and still have a passion for it; have been doing psychological counseling for ten years (currently I am offering counseling over the ineternet from http://anxietyanddepression-help.com/); I spend a lot of time digging up weeds that are exotic to my area; I've been writing for magazines since 1980 and fiction since 1995; and have been a freelance editor since last year.
Of course, all that is only in my spare time.
Name something you love?
* I have a strong desire to save something of this planet for my grandchildren, and other people's grandchildren. I HATE the way people pass happiness by in order to chase the mirage of material wealth. Everything I write, everything I do, and even more important, everything I choose not to do, is motivated by the desire to ensure a future. The funny thing is, that this is the path to true contentment. I've lived for over 20 years below Australia's official poverty line, and have lived like Royalty. Much of the time, I am truly happy. How come? It's all explained at http://mudsmith.net/essay.html.
Any projects you'd like to tell us about?
* I am in the middle of running a contest. I advertised among writers that they could submit a finished or part finished book. I then chose the 10 best, and put the submissions up on my web site. People are asked to vote for the one they favor. The entry with the highest number of votes will get a free interactive edit from me. I received 29 entries, and could have chosen 16 finalists. Had a lot of trouble cutting the list down to 10, but that's what I promised in my advance announcements.
People who vote have the right to request a copy of my newest book. I am inundated by votes, but the more the better. Most of them have asked for the book, and a few have already got back to me with kind comments. So far, nobody has said anything nasty about it.
* Another project is the LiFE Award: Literature For Environment. Any book can qualify whether it's fiction or nonfiction, published by anyone anywhere in any format, provided it clearly advances a consciousness of the environment, of our need to cherish it, of the damage we are doing to ourselves with our exploitative lifestyle. I am very choosy, and the award is very new, but I have two recipients already. Look it up at http://bobswriting.com/LiFE.html
* My next book is almost completed. It is PERSONALLY SPEAKING: SINGLE-SESSION EMAIL THERAPY WITH DR BOB RICH. I reproduce 50 email exchanges with distraught people and so far had enthusiastic reactions from readers who have seen the first draft.
Do you have a fan club
* Not of my doing! I do have many email friends. Many ex-clients from my counseling become friends, or treat me as an older brother to consult. Many of the writers whose books I have edited or reviewed have a similarly friendly relationship with me. I have taught short courses for years, and I am often delighted by contact from an old student. And tens of thousands of people in Australia know me through my articles, particularly in Earth Garden magazine.
Actually, my latest idea is that I am offering to sign copies of the paper version of 'Sleeper, Awake' for anyone, anywhere in the world. I'll use a magical matter-transmitter for the purpose. Everything is in place, I just need to update my web site to announce the offer.